Every traveler would agree that there’s no place like home when it comes to a good night’s rest. But as some say, ‘You can’t have your cake and eat it too!”
So if you’re thinking about visiting Sweet TnT but worried about getting a good night’s rest. Then here are a few tips for sleeping soundly, with a Trini Twist!
- Do sleep with a fan or air conditioning. Let’s face the facts, in Trinidad and Tobago, it’s hot.
- Do travel with your ‘favorite pillow’ or ‘blanky’.There’s no shame in having one. We prefer you sleep than be walking around cranky all day!
- Do prepare yourself for random noises throughout the night. Dogs barking, cars passing by playing loud music, garbage trucks collecting waste at strange hours of the night or even neighbourhood characters having loud conversations with themselves!
- Do feel free to hang an extra ‘black-out’ curtain on your window.
- Do make your bed on the floor if you’re having back problems or if the mattress is just too soft.
- Do have a drink to help you relax (a beer or two usually does the trick).
- Do leave your bathroom light on. It’ll be easier to find in the dark.
- Don’t put on Soca music when you’re trying to fall asleep.
- Don’t drink any kind of Trinidad Punch from the neighbourhood punch man.
- Don’t eat Curry & Roti at least 3 – 4 hours before sleep.
- Don’t spend all day in the sun. You’ll regret it later at night.
- Don’t think about the delicious Trini dishes you’ll be trying the next day.
- Don’t brag about staying up the latest. Go to bed!