We’re on to the third part of our series – ‘What to do with children while in TnT’
Third series you say . . . it’s because we know that it takes this much . . . to entertain kids.
Our previous post dealt with water activities (Getting Wet). . . but now let’s get to the adventures!
Get Wild – The islands of TnT may be tiny but there’s so much to see and do! We’ll point you in the right direction.
Welcome to Adventure Class 101
- ‘Hike-ology‘ – One thing about Trinbagonians . . . they love the outdoors! So you’ll find tonnes of hiking options. Whether it’s to secret beaches, camping in caves, trekking to the heart of Trinidad or the tippy top of Tobago, you name it! If you prefer to arrange your hike directly with the tour operators, by all means . . . do your thing. Depending on where you’re staying, some hotels and B&B’s offer to arrange your trip. Some of the more well organised and safe hiking groups are listed below.
- Turtle Watching – Not only is this fun but it’ll be something that your kids will never forget! Forget Jurassic Park, this is the real stuff! What kid wouldn’t enjoy coming face to face with these huge prehistoric creatures? Like something right out of National Geographic! Check out the largest Turtles in the world nesting right on the beach!
- Caroni Swamp Tour – Try out a Trini style water Safari! See Trinidad’s national bird (Scarlet Ibis) or look out for the mysterious water Manatee. What about a glimpse of the Pawi bird, found only in Trinidad and Tobago?
- Emperor Valley Zoo – named after the Emperor Butterfly, which once made this quiet valley its home, TnT’s zoo always makes for a fun family day out. So pack a bag, pack the kids and make sure to try some Trini Snowcone around the Queen’s Park Savannah!
- ‘Sport-ology – Mountain biking anyone? Maybe something a little more adventurous then?
- Chaguaramas Recreational Park . . . is where you’ll find all the action! An entire peninsula devoted to Fun and Family! Picnicing, Camping, Hiking, Ziplining, Kids Play Park, Mountain Biking, Golfing . . . whewww . . . there’s food, drinks, restrooms . . . all you need for a longgg . . . family day out.
Sigh . . . the good ol’ childhood days . . . no worries, no stress . . .
To be continued . . . Fun activities for kids while vacationing in Trinidad and Tobago (Get Wacky)