If you’re thinking about scuba diving while visiting Sweet TnT, you’re in for a treat!
Diving in Trinidad is awesome but if you really want to experience the beauty of our Caribbean islands, then head on over to our sister isle!
Tobago is one of the best kept secrets of the underwater world and has really been gaining much popularity over the years! The best part, down here the water temperatures are never too cold to jump in!
You’ll probably want to know a few things:
- Currency – TT and US, conversion – US1.00 = TT6.00
- Language – English (primary) and Spanish
- Time Zone – 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-4)
- Climate – Tropical with an average maximum temperature of 89°F (32°C). There is a dry season between January and May and a wet season from June to December.
- Natural Hazards – Because Trinidad and Tobago lies just south of the hurricane belt they are less likely to experience any serious weather systems.
- Hyperbaric Chambers – Roxborough (Tobago) Hyperbaric Facility, Milford Road, Scarborough Tobago (1-868) 639-4354/4446/1382 or 660-4000
Best Diving Spots?
- London Bridge
- MV Maverick
- The Sisters
- Japanese Gardens
- Kelleston Drain
Who to Dive with?
Many options with a mixture of personalities to suit every visitor. Some of the more popular ones include:
- Extra Divers Tobago
- Frontier Divers
- R & Sea Diver’s Company
- Undersea Tobago
- World of Watersports
- Tobago Dive Pirates
So start packing . . . we’re waiting for you . . .